Your privacy is paramount to us. We will never sell your contact information and will not share it without your express permission. We will not send you unsolicited email. If you would like the site to send email notification to you, you must provide your email address and select this option from the Status screen.
Hathmore Technologies, LLC Privacy Statement
Last Updated: May 8, 2019 (Hathmore Technologies, LLC Privacy Statement)
At Hathmore Technologies, LLC we pride ourselves on our commitment to protecting your privacy. Our Data Stewardship Principles reflect our company’s values and how we strive to maintain your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes in greater detail the privacy practices of Hathmore Technologies, LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries, meaning companies related by common ownership or control (“Hathmore,” “us,” “we,” “our”) responsible for collecting and maintaining certain information collected about you.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our Privacy Statement or practices, please contact us as detailed under Contact Us below.
1. WHEN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES. If a Service you're using links to this Privacy Statement, this Statement applies to you.
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to our sites, products, and services (collectively, "Services") that link to this Statement. Hathmore Technologies, LLC is the responsible entity for all Personal Information subject to this Statement for our Services targeted to US customers.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION. We want to be clear about what information we collect and how we use it to deliver our Services to you, improve your energy programs and energy modeling, operate our business, and help make our Services useful, more intelligent, and work better for you. We do not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent.
a) Types of Information We Collect. In connection with accessing our Services, we may collect information from you which can be used to identify you ("Personal Information"), such as your name, shipping/billing address, email address, phone, username and password.
We collect information when you register or open an account, sign in, pay a bill, purchase a Service, call us for support, or give us feedback. We may also get information from other companies or third parties, such as when you sync a third party account or service with your Hathmore Service, or when we may use service providers to supplement the Personal Information you give us (e.g., validate your mailing address) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service. Finally, we also collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services.
We may also automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services ("Usage Data"), such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. For example, we collect IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information, such as using IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. We may also, when you enable location-based Services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data.
Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
b) How We Use Your Information. Unless prohibited by law, regulation, or a contractual obligation, we may use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
Account Registration. We may use your name, address, phone number, and email address to register your Hathmore Account for certain Services we provide and to communicate important information to you. We may obtain additional Personal Information about you, such as address change information, from commercially available sources, to keep our records current. If you set up an administrator account that may be accessed by people other than you, please note that they may see and have the ability to change or delete your Personal Information.
Communicate with You and Tell You About Other Services. We may use your information to communicate with you about our Services and to give you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you. Please see below under "What You Can Do to Manage Your Privacy" for the choices you have regarding these communications.
To Improve Services and Develop New Services. We will use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Service, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of Hathmore's Services.
To Provide Our Services and Operate Our Business. We may use your information to operate our business, including providing Services you requested, provide you with support related to our Services, and to help us protect our Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information.
Customer Service and Technical Support. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with our Services, and information about your computer configuration to resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience. We also offer various Internet chat services, for example, to speak with a Hathmore support representative. Internet Chat transmissions are encrypted but you should not supply more Personal Information than is required to address your specific issue. A transcript of the session is retained to resolve questions or issues related to our Services.
Feedback. We may use any information you volunteer in surveys you answer for us and combine them with answers from other customers in order to better understand our Services and how we may improve them. Answering any survey is optional.
Research, Including Publishing or Sharing Combined Information from Many Users, But Only in a Way that Would Not Allow You or Any Other Person to be Identified. Only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified, we may prepare and share information about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for research, academic, marketing and/or promotional purposes. For example, we may share demographic data that describes the percentage of our customers who use mobile services or who use a particular operating system. We or our third party partners may publicly report the aggregated findings of the research or analysis, but only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified.
c) Hathmore Technologies, LLC Single Sign-On (Hathmore Account). Hathmore Technologies, LLC Single Sign-on is a Service that allows you to sign-in to a variety of Hathmore Technologies, LLC Services with a single Hathmore Technologies, LLC Account. We will collect certain information for security purposes in order to verify your authorized access to an account or to reset your password if you cannot access your Hathmore Account. Some Services may require added security and you may be asked to provide additional information. The email address and password that you use to sign up for a Hathmore Account are your "credentials" that you will use to authenticate with our network. We assign a unique ID number to your credentials to track you and your associated information. Hathmore Services do not allow sharing of accounts between users or individuals.
d) How We Share Your Personal Information. From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with others.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as payment collection, website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Information for purposes other than the product or service they are providing to us or on our behalf.
Response to Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests. We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we're required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
Protection of Hathmore Technologies, LLC and Others. We may share account information, Personal Information and Usage Data when we believe it is appropriate to enforce or apply our products' Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hathmore Technologies, LLC, our Services, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing Personal Information of our customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Reporting to Credit Bureaus. We may share your information with credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and card associations. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share your information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
Information Sharing Between Hathmore Technologies, LLC Entities. We share your information, including your Personal Information, with and among our affiliates and subsidiaries, except where prohibited by law, regulation, or a contractual obligation. The protections provided in this Privacy Statement apply across all Hathmore Technologies, LLC entities. Affiliates and subsidiaries means companies related by common ownership or control. The reasons we share your information include for our everyday business purposes, such as to: process your transactions, maintain your accounts, operate our business, facilitate Hathmore Technologies, LLC Single Sign On to your Hathmore Account, etc. We will also share your information in order for us to be able to offer our products and services to you. We may also share information about your creditworthiness, your transactions and experience so that we can operate our business effectively, detect and prevent fraud, and improve our Services.
Sale of Our Business. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information. If so, you will be asked if you'd like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
With your Consent. Other than as set out above, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to choose when your Personal Information may be shared with other third parties.
e) Syncing, Linking, Connecting Your Bank Account or Other Third Party Services with Your Hathmore Technologies, LLC Service.
We work with other companies or developers to offer you products and services and you may choose to sync, link or connect other third party services with your Hathmore Technologies, LLC Service. Sometimes Hathmore Technologies, LLC may let you know about the service or product, or another company may let you know about a Hathmore Technologies, LLC service or product. It will be clear who is referring the service or product, and who is providing the service or product. If you choose to accept these services, providing your consent to either the third party or to us, we may exchange your information, including your Personal Information, as well as information about how you interact with each company's service or product. This exchange of information is necessary to maintain business operations and to provide the ongoing service you've requested. By requesting or accepting these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your information, including your Personal Information, to the other party.
a) Managing Marketing Communications From Us. We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us.
You have the following choices if you have been receiving marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive:
- Click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or newsletter you received.
- Change your email preference from the Status screen.
- Adjust your preferences in your Hathmore Account settings.
- For SMS messages, reply "STOP" or follow the instructions in the message or settings to discontinue the Service.
- Subject to your control, our mobile applications may send push notifications to your mobile device. If you are receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications. These include notifications of account creation under organizations for which you are responsible and requested changes in your communication preferences.
b) Updating Your Personal Information. In connection with your right to manage your Personal Information you provide to us, you may access, update, change, correct or request deletion of your information either through the Service or through our customer support. You can reach our customer support by using the contact information provided in the "How to Contact Us" section of this statement.
c) Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies. The following is a high level summary of our practices and your controls for cookies and other tracking technologies.
In accordance with applicable law, Hathmore Technologies, LLC and our service providers may use commonly-used tools to recognize your visit and track your interactions with our Services such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects, and similar technologies (collectively, "Cookies"). Sometimes this tracking is necessary in order for us to provide you the Service you requested. Other times, we combine Usage Data collected from Cookies with that of other customers to improve your and other customers' experience. You have control over some of the Usage Data we collect from Cookies and how we use it. Information on changing your browser settings to opt out of Cookies can be found in your browser settings.
In accordance with the Digital Advertising Alliance Principles, Hathmore Technologies, LLC may use advertising networks and other third parties to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may place Cookies on our Services and unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests, and to determine the effectiveness of such advertisements. If the Hathmore Service you are using utilizes this type of advertising, you have the choice to opt-out of interest based advertising through your account settings.
You also have the following additional choices to opt-out of certain tracking through Cookies for such purposes:
Please note that even if you opt-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest based advertising, you may still receive advertisements, they just won't be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
d) Do Not Track. Like most other companies, our Services are not currently configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals because at this time no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted. Click here for more information on "Do Not Track."
e) Social Media Features. Many of our Services may use social media features, such as Facebook sharing ("Social Media Features"). These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting within our Service, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the relevant Social Media Features.
4. DATA RETENTION AND YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
a) Data Retention. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and Hathmore Technologies, LLC's records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
b) Your Access Rights.
- If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the Personal Information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your Personal Information.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing Personal Information we collect.
For example, we:
- Constantly work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Information, and review our security procedures carefully.
- Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
- Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Information.
- Train our staff and require them to safeguard your data.
- Transmit, store, protect, and access all cardholder information in compliance with the Payment Card Industry's Data Security Standards.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US. If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us. We want your feedback and comments.
a) Via Email. If you have questions or complaints regarding our Privacy Statement or practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Via Direct Mail. Hathmore Technologies, LLC, Attention: Privacy, 11601 Orchard Road, Kansas City, MO 64134
7. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENTS. From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statements. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. More information about how we will notify you is below.
If we make material changes to the way we process your Personal Information, we will provide you notice via our Service or by other communication channels, such as by email or community post. Please review any changes carefully. If you object to any of the changes and no longer wish to use our Services, you may close your account(s). All changes are effective immediately upon posting and your use of our Service after a notice of material change or posting of an updated Privacy Statement shall constitute your consent to all changes.
8. COLLECTION AND USE OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
Hathmore Technologies, LLC Services are intended for and directed to adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
9. ADDITIONAL HATHMORE SERVICE SPECIFIC INFORMATION.
If you are a user of any of these Services, please see the relevant section to find out more about how we may collect, use or share your information, Including Personal Information, for the specific Service(s) we offer.
1. REMCheck Software. The following information applies to the REMCheck and REMCollect tools accessed via the Internet which includes portions that may be downloaded to your computer or mobile device.
- Synchronizing Your Service. Some of our web-enabled Services synchronize with the data on your computer to help keep the data accurate and provide additional online services. In some cases, you can manage the frequency of these updates. If you no longer want to synchronize data, you can cancel the service through the administration pages of the product or service.
- Automatic Software Product Update. We work to continually improve our products. From time to time, we make updates available for customers to download. An update might include a time saving new feature, critical security updates, or bug fixes to the software. The Hathmore Update Service will periodically check Hathmore Technologies, LLC's servers via the Internet for updates. If an update is available, it will be automatically updated or you will be prompted to install that update the next time you start your software. Usage Data about your computer system and the update process will be sent to Hathmore Technologies, LLC. Hathmore Technologies, LLC will use this data to improve the updating process and the REMCheck products for our customers.
- Data Collection. When you access a web-enabled service (such as Help) from within our products we will note the link you clicked on and we also collect data about your transactions, product, system or other technical data that will help us direct you to the appropriate information or service.
- Data Use. We may use the data collected to:
- Provide you with tips, recommendations and education;
- Use your information in aggregate and de-identified form to benchmark your REMCheck use against other Hathmore Technologies, LLC customers;
- Make your information and personalized offers for products and services available to you in other Hathmore Technologies, LLC products that you may use;
- Information Sharing. We need to use and share your information to run our everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons why we may share your Personal Information, and whether you can limit the sharing.
- For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your bill transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, combat fraud, or report to credit bureaus. We will use and share your Personal Information for our everyday business purposes. You may not limit this type of sharing.
- For our marketing purposes – to offer you our products and services to you. We will share your information with our vendors to offer you Intuit products and services. To learn more about how to opt-out of marketing from us, please see our Privacy Statement.
- For joint marketing with other partners and financial companies. From time to time we may partner with other partners and financial institutions to create or offer a product. We will not share your information unless you have told us it is okay. If you choose to share your information with another party, please note that these companies have their own privacy policies.
- For our affiliates and subsidiaries everyday business purposes – information about your system use and creditworthiness. We do not share your information for these purposes unless you tell us it is okay.
- For our affiliates to market to you. We do not share your information with our affiliates or subsidiaries so they can directly market their services to you unless you have told us it is okay. To learn more about how to opt-out of marketing from us, please see our Privacy Statement.
- For non-affiliates to market to you. We do not share your information to third parties for them to directly market to you unless you have told us that it is okay. If you choose to share your information with another party, please note that these companies have their own privacy policies.
- Limiting Data Sharing. Federal laws give you the right to limit data sharing for: our affiliates everyday business purposes where we provide information about your creditworthiness; affiliates and non-affiliates from using your information to market to you. State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Payment Processing. When we process payments on your behalf, we will monitor your account, review your transaction information and other information to help detect and prevent potentially illegal activity, fraud, and violations of our and the card association rules and policies (e.g. Amex, Visa, MC, Discover). We may also use this same information for account authentication purposes. We may also share your information, including Personal Information, with credit bureaus, collection agencies, service providers, and our banking partners to report account information, resolve disputes, mange fraud and risk, and comply with credit card association rules for inclusion on list of terminated merchants. Your payment information, including account or credit card numbers, financial institutions, expiration dates, transaction amounts and service codes, may be stored and retained by our payment processor to provide the product and service that you have requested. We may also use information and content from your customer invoices to enable Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 reporting in accordance with card association rules. We may also obtain information about you from third parties, such as credit bureaus and identity and device identification services, to perform creditworthiness and solvency checks on you or your business, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Mobile (e.g. Phone, Tablet and Watch) Apps. Some of our Services available through mobile applications may be location-enabled. In addition to what’s described in our Privacy Statement, following is more detail about how we collect, share, and protect the information, including Personal Information, you provide to us when using of our mobile applications:
- If you use location-enabled Services, we will be collecting location information and other technical information from your devices. We only collect this data with your consent. Depending on the Service you use, we may also collect other information about your mobile phone, such as the type of your phone, your carrier, and other data such as software version so that we can improve our Services. By necessity, your requests/messages from your mobile devices may go through your/our mobile carrier's network. This means that your carrier may have access to your requests and messages, and our/your carrier's privacy policies apply.